Getting Unstuck: Listening to Yourself for What's Important – a Transformation Story with Shannon
When have you faced adversity at work, and what did you learn about yourself? Whose voice did you listen to for guidance, that of another person, or your own? What's most important for you at work? Relationships? Compensation? Knowing and being recognized for the value you provide? Today we listen in as Shannon answers those questions and others as she details her story of transformation – deciding to leave a job due to its bullying manager and find a healthier work life.
• The overarching catalyst for Shannon deciding why she had to act.
• The issues and voices that weighed on Shannon as she approached a decision to leave.
• The character that Shannon showed in how she eventually left the position.
• What impressed Shannon about the new organization she was considering joining.
• Shannon’s big take-aways, the lessons she learned after leaving her position.
• Shannon’s first reaction at her old job when “problems” first started to show up, and what she learned about working with a manager going forward.
• What’s important for Shannon as she talks about her new role and the new organization for which she works.
After listening to the episode:
What emotions did Shannon’s story trigger for you?
How often do you tend to listen to the other people’s voices instead of or over your own?