Getting Unstuck: Discovering What You Were Meant to Do – an Interview with Andrea Barry
Have you ever caught yourself wondering if you weren’t supposed to be doing something differently? Behaving differently? Maybe at the time you were driving, walking, or just looking out the window. Maybe you thought, “I know I’m not cut out for doing ‘this,’” but at the same time you didn’t know what a different “this” might look like.
Coach / consultant / mentor Andrea Barry has heard that observation before – many times before. After a long and successful career as a military officer, Andrea decided to help individuals identify and overcome the obstacles standing in the way of living a new “this.” Today she works with business leaders to take the first step.
• Why Andrea does the work she does.
• What Andrea took away from her time in the military.
• What process Andrea follows for helping people become what they want to become and do.
• The typical barrier that Andrea finds holding her clients back, and how she helps clients overcome it.
• How a lack of understanding and clarity about “What are we trying to do here?” impacts individuals and organizations.
• The two pieces of advice Andrea gives to help people step out of the “stuckness”?
After listening to the episode:
In the coaching portion of the interview, Kirsten brought up her issue of failing to defend her personal value, which can result in diluting her worth. If you have experienced this issue, what do suspect is the barrier standing in your way of championing your value?
Andrea noted that a lack of “knowledge” is often the culprit standing between where we are and where we need to be. Where do you need more knowledge in your life to help you move forward?
For more information on Andrea: