Getting Unstuck: Learning to Invest in Yourself – A Transformation Story with Hannah Bratterud
Do you find yourself living your life, or someone else’s? Do you routinely invest in yourself to carve out your own identity and solidify your life? Or are you lost in someone else’s flashlight beam, a light that is gradually dimming as the batteries fade?
Today we meet Hannah Bratterud, now a fulfilled individual, and successful consultant and coach for small business owners. But it wasn’t always that way. Listen in as Hannah tells her story of transformation.
• How Hannah found ways to “learn what I needed to learn” to get herself off “the burning platform and the sinking ship.”
• What Hannah recognized as her role in the downward spiral of her marriage – and the signs that her life was not headed in the right direction.
• The lesson that Hannah took away from her experience about what she needed to do to feel energized in her life.
• How Hannah describes her second awakening – “Doing what I was supposed to be doing.”
• When Hannah feels most fulfilled in her life.
• What allowed Hannah to take the initial step to focus on herself.
After listening to the episode:
“I lost sight of who I was, not investing in me, not giving energy to me, not learning anything.” Hannah spoke eloquently about the power of learning and learning how to learn again. What new interest lights your fire? If you’re left wondering how to respond to that question, what limitations might you be putting on yourself?
Where in your life are you having a meaningful impact on others? What lit that spark?
Near the end of the interview, Hannah spoke about the impact of a session with her therapist where he appealed to her thinking brain and not her emotional brain. When, if ever, are your thoughts controlled by your emotions? What does it mean to you to have choice?
What does the phrase “You can only connect the dots by looking backward” tell you about moving forward?
For more on Hannah:
• multiplier.blog (Blog)
• multipliergroup.com (Company Website)
• calendly.com/multiplierhannah (Free Consult)